Episode #46: Melanie Mitro on Leadership
This episode comes from our Learning to Lead Breakfast series. Our October 2014 speaker was Melanie Mitro. Melanie shared her story and the leadership lessons she learned on her way to becoming the #1 Beachbody coach in the country. Everyone who attended the breakfast learned so much. I hope it adds as much value to your life as it did to mine! Below you will find Melanie’s bio, ways to connect with her, some of my key takeaways, and upcoming announcements for Learning to Lead.
Our next breakfast will be Saturday, November 15th at 8 a.m. at Bistro to Go on the North Side of Pittsburgh. Our speaker will be Greg Peaslee, who is an Executive at UPMC. You can register for this event here.
Laura and I finally got to meet Melanie Mitro, she is a great leader doing incredible things with her life!
Our breakfast meeting with Melanie Mitro!
Some of My Key Takeaways:
- Put yourself in places where you have to earn respect!
- Book: The Slight Edge
- Book: Eat that Frog
- Book: Personality Plus
- Everyday you have a choice to do things or not do things. The things you’re choosing to do, are all small and easy tasks that no one will notice. However, if you’ll do them, they will have a compounding effect. The people that do them, they go up! The people they don’t, they go down!
- Do what other people will not do now, so you can have what other people don’t have later!
- Don’t care about the outcome, care about the people!
- In the end it’s not about the money, and it never should be about the money.
- How are you benchmarking your success? What goals are you setting? How many people are you helping? What are you doing to create credibility?
- When you’re a leader. In the beginning, you’re going to do a lot our of a little
- Will you sacrifice 3 years of your life to accomplish what you would like to accomplish?
- When you’re comfortable, it’s time to challenge yourself! You need a little bit of chaos!
- Main focus: Develop systems for success!
- It all comes down to confidence in you our ability to lead people!
1.) Learning to Lead November Breakfast– Our next breakfast will be Saturday, November 15th at 8 a.m. at Bistro to Go on the North Side. Our speaker will be Greg Peaslee More details coming soon! For more information, go to dougsmithlive.com/breakfasts.
2.) Learning to Lead Small Group – Our small group started last week. If you’re in Pittsburgh and would like more information about joining our small group, e-mail me at email@example.com.
3.) Learning to Lead E-mails – To stay up to date with everything happening, please sign-up for our e-mail list here.
How You Can Help this Podcast:
- To listen to past interviews, go to my podcast page.
- Subscribe to this podcast
- Rate and leave a review of the podcast
- Share the content on Social Media
- Sign-up for my Learning to Lead Newsletter
- If you have an idea for a future podcast you would like to hear or a leader you would like me to interview, e-mail me.
- If you enjoyed the podcast, please rate it on iTunes and write a review.
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.