On Sunday, May 5th, 2013, I’ll be running my 5th marathon. This time, I wanted to run for something other than finishing within a certain time. I am going to be running for my charity of choice: Light of Life Rescue Mission.
At Light of Life, this is our first year as a contributing charity. Our goal is to raise $25,000 and to become an official charity of the Pittsburgh Marathon in 2014. My personal goal is to raise at minimum of $1,000 for our team and I would like to ask you for your support.
At the bottom of this post, I’ve embedded two videos that highlight the work we do at Light of Life. Please take a few minutes to watch them and learn about what we do and then I’d ask you to consider sponsoring me while I run to raise money for this great cause.
In 2012, Light of Life served over 107,000 meals to those in need. As you think about what you’re able to give, consider how many meals you could provide to those in need:
You can support me at:
- $2.34 – This provides 1 meal to someone in need
- $26.20 – This is donating $1 for every mile I will run
- $50 = 21 meals
- $100 = 43 meals
- $500 = 214 meals
- $1,000 = 427 meals
Sponsor me by:
- Donating online on my Crowdrise Page. Click here!
- Donating offline
- You can send a check made out to Light of Life Rescue Mission, Memo: Doug’s Pittsburgh Marathon. Mail to: 915 Western Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15237 to my attention.
- Running for our Team
- You can join our team by running any of the races available at the marathon.
- If you’re already registered, you can still run for us.
- If you’re interested in joining, contact me at email@example.com or call 412.803.4161.
Thank you so much for your support! Let’s be generous so Light of Life can continue to make an impact in the lives of the men, women, and children they serve!