This post is for all of my running friends. I would like to ask you to join Light of Life’s 2015 Pittsburgh Marathon team. All of the details about joining our team are found below in this post.
If you are a runner, this is an awesome opportunity to not only run a great race, but to raise money for a great cause. If you have never run for a charity, I would encourage you to try it. It will be one of the most fulfilling things you will do.
(our 2013 Light of Life Marathon team)
Here is all of the information you need to know:
Light of Life is an official charity of the Pittsburgh Marathon. That means that you can choose to run any of the Pittsburgh Marathon races for Light of Life and we will pay for your registration fee. In return, you commit to raising money for us.
In 2013, we had 39 runners raise over $25,000 for Light of Life. In 2014, we had 76 runners raise over $76,000. We would LOVE it if you ran for our marathon team this year.
Our goal this year is to recruit 150 runners and raise over $100,000.
Registration will open Monday, September 22nd at 12:01 a.m.
If you are afraid of raising money, I can promise you that the fundraising is easier than you think! I raised over $14,000 last year simply by sending bi-weekly e-mails and updating social media. I will provide you with all of the resources you need to raise money.
(our 2014 Light of Life Marathon team)
Here are a few things you need to know if you are interested in joining our team
- You can run ANY of the races that weekend (the kids marathon, the 5k, the Relay, the half, or the full Marathon) and run for us.
- WE PAY your registration fee as long as you raise your required fundraising amounts:
- You will be required to raise a certain amount of money (the amount depends on which race you’re running). Fundraising is extremely easy and we give you everything you need in order to raise your funds.
- You will get weekly encouragement, training, and accountability for your running, fundraising, etc.
- You will get a t-shirt, a framed team picture, and more!
- You will be a part of an AMAZING team and make great memories while raising money for the homeless men, women, and children of Pittsburgh.
- Full Marathon – $500
- Half Marathon – $350
- Relay – $1,250 ($250/runner)
- 5k – $150
- Kids – $50
Registering is easy:
- Click this link
- Click “Run for Charity”
- Fill out the registration form
Once you register, we will send you an e-mail with everything you need to know. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!
I’m looking forward to running and raising money with you!
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.