This post is for all of my running friends. I would like to ask you to join Light of Life’s 2016 Pittsburgh Marathon team. All of the details about joining our team are found below in this post.
If you are a runner, this is an awesome opportunity to not only run a great race, but to raise money for a great cause. If you have never run for a charity, I would encourage you to try it. It will be one of the most fulfilling things you will do.
(our 2015 Light of Life Marathon team)
Here is all of the information you need to know:
Light of Life is an official charity of the Pittsburgh Marathon. That means that you can choose to run any of the Pittsburgh Marathon races for Light of Life and we will pay for your registration fee. In return, you commit to raising money for us. We have had a lot of success over the last 3 years:
- In 2013, we had 39 runners raise over $25,000 for Light of Life
- In 2014, we had 76 runners raise over $76,000.
- In 2015, we had 110 runners raise over $90,000
- In 2016, our goal is to have 150 runners raise over $110,000
We would LOVE it if you ran for our marathon team this year!
If you’re unfamiliar with Light of Life, here is our mission: As a ministry of Jesus Christ, Light of Life will provide a home for the homeless and food for the hungry, and will build disciples for the Kingdom of God among the poor, addicted, abused and needy.
I’ve been on staff for 4 1/2 years and absolutely love our ministry. Here is a video testimony of one of our graduates talking about the impact Light of Life made on him:
If you’d like to know more about Light of Life, just let me know. I’d love to give you a tour and give you more information about what we do.
If you are afraid of raising money, I can promise you that the fundraising is easier than you think! I raised over $16,000 last year simply by sending bi-weekly e-mails and updating social media. We will provide free resources and training for you to learn how to fund-raise . We have never had an issue with someone being unable to raise their minimum. The amount you are required to raise depends on which race you’re running:
- Full Marathon – $500
- Half Marathon – $350
- Relay – $1,250 ($250/runner)
- 5k – $150
- Kids – $50
What You’ll Get:
- Free registration for your race
- A free Team Light of Life running shirt
- Weekly training runs with our team through the Steel City Road Runner Club
- A celebration dinner for everyone on our team
- A framed picture of our team
- You will get weekly encouragement, training, and accountability for your running, fundraising, etc.
- For everyone who raises over $1,000, the Marathon provides a TON of free perks that you do not want to miss!
- You will be a part of an AMAZING team and make great memories while raising money for the homeless men, women, and children of Pittsburgh.
How to Register:
- You can run ANY of the races that weekend (the kids marathon, the 5k, the Relay, the half, or the full Marathon) and run for us.
Registering is easy:
- Click this link
- Click “Join”
- Click: “Register and Fundraise”
- Fill out the registration form
Once you register, we will send you an e-mail with everything you need to know. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!
I’m looking forward to running and raising money with you!
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.