I just returned from my 5 day vacation at Rock Lack in Canada with the Walczak family. What an amazing experience! I had an absolute blast.
It was so nice to get away from everything and surprisingly it was easy for me to unwind from work and everything else going on in my life. I think that was in part because I had no cell phone, lap top, and Ryan even made me take off my watch on the first day! I got to do a lot of reflecting and getting refreshed.
I’ll just put a list of some of my favorite highlights:
- Road Trip w/Vogan
- My new addiction to Red Bull and Energy Drinks (Coffee has now become my morning only addiction)
- Fishing – catching Cory as well as a tree (I thought it was a monster fish…)
- Bonfire and a movie (National Treasure 2 and Bucket List)
- Gazing at the Stars, Seeing Jupiter!
- Dinner with the Walczaks (Mr. Walczak is an unbelievable cook)
- Water Sports – Knee Boarding, Tubing, etc (Wipe outs), diving, Cliff Jumping
- Pictionary – Civil War, Turtle, The Missing Link…
- Spending time with a family as amazing as the Walczaks
- Hanging out with Dan, Stacey, Cor, Ry, and Cassandra
- Thinking I was getting pulled over by a cop (who was really a middle-eastern man with a disco-ball in his rear-view mirror)
- Toronto and Fire Works at Niagara Falls on the way home
Once again, I am so humbled to have friends that love me unconditionally enough to allow me to come into their lives and get to experience what is so special to them. There are truly no words or actions that I could ever say or do that could repay these unbelievable people. They have made an enormously huge impact on my life, and it is my hope that I’ll be able to provide experiences like this to people when I grow up and have a family of my own!
I love you Walczaks!!! Thanks for an unforgettable experience!