I wasn’t originally going to post on Vision under this series, but Ben Rath spoke on vision last night at Rev and it got me thinking. See, back when I thought I knew it all, I didn’t even have a vision for my life. I graduated high school with a 1.6 GPA, thought if I were lucky that I could be a janitor or bus drive one day (nothing wrong with that, but it wasn’t in my heart to do). I remember when I started interning at my church right out of high school, I didn’t even know what an internship, vision, or purpose was. Over the course of the last 5-6 years I have been blessed to be around people who believed in me and taught me about having a vision for my life and how to draw it out.
So here are some thoughts from Ben’s message that go right along with what I’ve learned about Vision (Thanks Ben… You’re message was incredible!)
- Purpose is why God made you and Vision the “how” of your purpose!
- There are a shortage of people willing to dream as big as God!
- Ephesians 3:20 – God wants to accomplish in and through you infinitely more than you could ever dare, ask, think, or imagine!
- Sometimes we have to let our dreams die when they are dreams that were intended for others.
- Focus is critical in going after your purpose…you will go where ever you’re looking!
- If you don’t have a vision in life, it would be like waking up everyday and dreading living for the rest of your life!
- The world desperately needs your life to be lived to the fullest and your purpose fulfilled!
- The world will reap the results of you not living out your purpose!
- In a race, you do not get extra laps, the same is with life… (You don’t get to do this again!)
If you’d like to listen to Ben’s message, check out our podcast here.
Do you know your purpose? Are you focusing on that vision daily? Who is helping you break barriers in your life on your way to accomplishing what God put in your heart?