I was listening to the radio show and the host was a famous musician. Someone called in and asked how they could get into the industry and make it big.
He said, “You may be a little disappointed with my answer, but I’d encourage you to find an area of the business that you like, whether it’s marketing and promotion, sales, event planning, etc. and get your foot in the door and see if it’s actually something you want to do. Intern, work for free, do anything you can to get your feet wet and in the door. After all, I always say that you have to be present to win!”
Photo Courtesy of Etsy.com
You have to be present to win. That may seem like common sense, but it’s something I don’t see a lot of people doing.
- If you want to grow closer to God, go to church, read your Bible, journal, join a small group, get some Christian friends!
- If you want to get on staff at a church or a non-profit, start serving there! Get involved as much as you can. Get to know everyone you can.
- If you want to become a professional communicator, join Toastmasters or the National Speakers Association!
- If you want to be a professional musician, start writing music, sharing it with the world, and connecting with other musicians in the industry!
- If you want to become an author, go to writing conferences, connect with authors, start writing and share your work with the world!
- If you want to run a marathon, start running, connect with other runners, join a runners group!
- If you want to make a difference with your life, start serving somewhere, and encourage and serve the people around you.
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Consider leaving a comment below! Thank you!