“If you learn a lesson, you better find a way to live it, or else you’ll have to relearn it.” -Gerald Brooks
Here they are – the best lessons I learned in 2009 – They aren’t in any particular order. I hope they add value to your life!
1. Do Your Best, Forget the Rest
2. Surround Yourself With People who Scare You
3. Quit Reporting the News, Start Making It
4. Spiritually Mature People Restore those who Fall (Gal. 6:1)
5. The Best Blessings from God come out of Nowhere
6. Until you settle the identity issue – you’ll never be or have enough
7. If you refuse to define yourself, you’ll get defined by others
8. It’d be dishonoring to God to live my life and not believe that I could change the world
9. We’re a small church with a mega vision
10. Don’t blame yourself for the declines, you might take credit for the increases
11. We need to Divert daily, withdraw weekly, and abandon annually – the world can get along without you
12. Never Compare – Foolish comparison: 1.) Find people better – discouraged 2.) Find people your better than – Pride
13. Leadership is as easy as listening to God!
14. What would you do for God if you knew you couldn’t fail? -> Your a coward if you don’t do that
15. Don’t you dare give up on a God who’s never given up on you
16. It’s Ok to Not be Ok
17. If it’s to be, it’s up to me.
18. “There’s not lack of people that need ministered to, but there is a lack of people who have something to say when they’re ministering.”
19. Love God, Love People
20. Resources will help people a lot more than speaking to them ever will.
21. This is the only time in history when I get to fight for God. This is the only part of my eternal story when I’m actually in the battle.
22. God won’t let a ministry keep “it” for long if they won’t give “it” away.
23. Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to become the best you are capable of becoming.
24. Make each day your masterpiece!
25. A church that lives within its four walls is no church at all.
26. God Freed me from all my fears – Psalm 34:427.
27. It marks a big step in your development when you come to realize that other people can help you do a better job than you could do alone.”
28. Are you seeing people as people or as objects?
29. The point of your life is to point to Him, whatever you’re doing, God wants to be glorified, because this whole thing is his.
30. In about fifty years, no one will remember you
31. Let God be as original with you as He is with other people.
32. The secret conversations you hold in the privacy of your mind are shaping your destiny little by little
33. Do not affirm what you do not want in your life
34. “It’s not the magic that makes it work; it’s the way we work that makes it magic.”
35. Time is a great revealer of who people really are
36. Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself, when you become a leader, success is all about growing others.
37. God didn’t call you so you could be popular or well known – he Called you to help people.
38. Some are sent, and some just went.
39. Be someone God can count on – II. Chronicles 16:9
40. Empower people to do what they dream of
41. Your striving is in vain if you’re only aim is to build your own great name
42. Always ask: What am I believing God for?
43. I’ll give an account for every idle word I speak
44. Your 20’s isn’t about fruit!
45. You attract high quality leaders through vision and humilty
46. Ask God what to do with every dollar that He brings into your life.
47. Believe in Yourself and Celebrate Your Life
48. Learn to Encourage Yourself
49. Why do we wait until funerals to speak good over someone?
50. Stop Learning things the Hard Way – Ask people about things you don’t know
51. Don’t be led by fear
52. Teamwork really does make the Dream Work – forget about yourself
53. If I had everything I wanted in Heaven, Would I be content in Heaven with no Christ?
54. What is God speaking to my heart that my head is saying no to?
55. What I’m willing to walk away from will determine what God will allow me to walk into?
56. There should be a noticeable difference between unbelievers and believers: Hab. 4:18
57. If you learn a lesson, you better find a way to live it, or else you’ll have to relearn it.