In a matter of 3 months Mark Batterson has become one of my favorite authors. In fact, I may just go out on the limb and say he is my favorite! After reading his books I feel like I can do anything, risk anything, and be everything God called me to be.
I’d highly encourage you to read all of his books! You’ll be stretched in your faith and encouraged to go after the dreams God has put in your heart.
- God is in the business of strategically positioning us in the right place at the right time. But here’s the catch: The right place often seems like the wrong place, and the right time often seems like the wrong time.
- Sometimes God won’t intervene until something is humanly impossible. And He usually does it just in the nick of time. I think that pattern reveals one dimension of God’s personality: God loves impossible odds.
- Your best thought about God on your best day falls 12.3 billion light-years short of how great and how good God really is.
- God wants you to get where God wants you to go more than you want to get where God wants you to go.
- “Don’t accumulate possessions; accumulate experiences!”
- Don’t let what’s wrong with you keep you from worshiping what’s right with God.
- I’m convinced that the people God uses the most are often the people who have experienced the most adversity.
- God is in the business of recycling our pain and using it for someone else’s gain.
- spiritual maturity is less about figuring out the future and more about a moment-by-moment sensitivity to the Spirit of God.
- I’m convinced that the only thing between you and your destiny is one small act of courage.
- Playing it safe is risky.
- Why is it that the church is known more for what we’re against than what we’re for?
- More often than not, the only thing between you and your dream is a rational excuse.
- One dimension of spiritual growth is simply coming to terms with who we are and who we’re not.