This was another required reading from Bible School. This book was great! The topic was simple – what happens when we get born again. However, the way E.W. Kenyon picked that topic apart blew my mind. Literally every sentence in the book could be an entire sermon. This book is filled with priceless revelation concerning the new birth. I’d recommend it to anyone who is serious about their walk with God – definitely a book to read if you want to get into some of the deep things of God. Here are some of my favorite nuggets (there are way too many to list, but here are a few):
- Our attitude toward the Word determines the place that God holds in our daily life
- We become Christlike in the measure that the Word prevails in us
- My heart craves for the hour when we will begin to appreciate what words can accomplish
- The believer is the one who has acted on the Word of God
- Great enthusiasm and joy comes at the new birth, but unless that is cared for and fed by the mind being renewed through feeding on the Word and practicing it, that joy will die out.
- The small faith man is almost invariably a man whose mind has not yet been renewed
- The very genius of Christianity is the ability of God to build Himself into us through the Word, so that in our daily walk we live like the master
That is just a brief look into the book – I’d highly recommend getting this in your library.
Final Grade: A Buy it here