Anytime Mark Batterson writes something, I get it because I know it will be golden! Soul Print was pure gold. For me, it was one of those books I read and it happens to be the perfect time in my life to read it.
I’ve been studying a lot on having a healthy self-image. Soul Print is all about finding out who you are in Christ. Finding your true value and worth. It helped me immensely. I’d recommend this book for anyone who is a student of themselves. Who wants to discover who they are in Christ. Mark walks us through the life of David to help us find ourselves in Christ. He did an incredible job in doing so.
My rule of thumb is if Batterson writes it, you need to read it. Get this book!
- There has never been and never will be anyone else like you.
- You aren’t good enough or gifted enough to get where God wants you to go. Not without His help.
- You were created to worship God in a way that no one else can.
- It’s never too late to be who you might have been.
- God doesn’t just set us free from who we were. He sets us free to become who we were meant to be.
- God’s primary concern is who you’re becoming.
- God sets us free from who we’re not so we can become who we are destined to become!
- Singles: Don’t focus on finding the right person, focus on becoming the right person.
- God wants you to get where God wants you to go more than you want to get where God wants you to go!
- Most of our emotional problems are symptoms of one deep rooted spiritual problem: lack of trust in the sovereign God.
- You don’t really care about people until you don’t care what they think
- Most of us spend most of our lives trying to prove ourselves to people, when all we have to do is prove ourselves to God.
The book has plenty of more fantastic nuggets to dwell on! Get this book!