I’ve really felt like I need to take some time in my life and study out teamwork. I feel like I’m going from a “Me to We” mentality when it comes to work and leadership. The more I get into this, the more I can see the importance of being a team player and the importance of building and empowering teams. This book gave me tremendous insight into the power of a team and the importance of being a great team member myself. Everyone should read this book who wants to be a leader. Here are my highlights:
- “It marks a big step in your development when you come to realize that other people can help you do a better job than you could do alone.” -Andrew Carnegie
- One is too small a number to achieve greatness
- If you think you are the entire picture, you’ll never see the big picture.
- Your potential is only as good as your current team
- If you build the right team, your dream will take care of itself
- The greatest compliment you can receive is to be counted on!
- Your team will reach their potential only if you reach your potential.
- Great teams have great depth
- Few people are successful unless a lot of people want them to be
- The difference between two equally talented teams is leadership
- You don’t have to be the leader to be a leader on your team
- The time, money, and effort required to develop team members don’t change the team overnight, but developing them always pays offs. Investing in the team compounds over time.
- “Even when you’ve played the game of your life, it’s the feeling of teamwork that you’ll remember. You’ll forget the plays, the shots, and the scores, but you’ll never forget your teammates.”
Overall, I think every leader needs to read this and learn that team work really does make the dream work.
Overall Grade: A+ Buy it here!