This book was a recommendation from one of my mentors, Jeanne Mayo. She recommends it to everyone she knows, she’s read it more than any other book she’s read, and she gives this book out more than any other book. Obviously – I had to read it.
It was a great book that really focuses on getting your mind in tune with the Word of God. The book is based on Phil. 4:8 which tells you what your mind should be thinking about all the time. I found this book to be very practical. It provides a lot of questions to ask yourself and a lot of exercised to get your headed in the right direction when it comes to your thought life. We all have a battles going on in our minds – thoughts fighting for our focus and attention. This book will help you focus on the right ones. An excellent read, and a must for a leaders bookshelf.
Final Grade: 9/10 Buy it here
- All lasting change is preceded by changed thinking
- The secret conversations you hold in the privacy of your mind are shaping your destiny little by little
- Right thinking is a choice you have to make for yourself the rest of your life
- Your life here on earth is your special, unrepeatable opportunity to fulfill God’s vision for your life and to magnify the joy He has placed within you.
- Live each hour as if your full potential has already materialized
- Emotions don’t reveal the quality of your life; they reveal the quality of your thinking at any particular moment
- Do not affirm what you do not want in your life
- When you allow God’s word to permanently occupy your heart and mint, in inevitably shapes your desires and goals.
- Worry is when you trust your fears more than you trust God