This book was actually a gift to me for Christmas – it ended up being the best gift I got all Christmas! (P.S. I think books make some of the greatest gifts ever – especially when you write in the covers). Let me first refer you to another review by Ben Rath here – he loved this book as well!
This book is different from the ones I usually read – it’s a fiction novel – but it changed my life. This is a top 5 all time book on my list and a new requirement for anyone who loves to read!
Here are some of my favorite takeaways:
- “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting”
- “To realize ones destiny is a persons only real obligation”
- “He had to choose between something he was accustomed to – and something he wanted to do”
- “If you can concentrate always on the present – you’ll be a happy man.”
- “Someday – this morning will just be a memory”
- “The closer one gets to realizing his dream, the more difficult things become”
- “Another person was there – to help him toward his personal legend”
- “In pursuing your dreams – you might lose everything you’ve won”
- “Every second of the search is an encounter with God – when I was truly searching for my treasure, every day has been luminous, because I’ve known that every hour was a part of the dream that I would find it. When I’ve truly been searching for my treasure, I’ve discovered things along the way I would have never seen had I not had the courage to try things that seemed impossible for a shepherd to achieve.”
- “When you are loved – you can do anything in creation”
I know a lot of you may not be able to get the context of these things – so GO OUT AND BUY THIS BOOK NOW!
Final Grade: A++++ Buy it Here