So I finally jumped on board and read one of the best selling books of all time! Over the past year, I’ve become a huge Rick Warren fan. After hearing him at Catalyst West Coast last year, I became convinced I needed to get all the wisdom I could from this guy!
You are as close to God as you choose to be. – Rick Warren
You’ll never know that God is all you need until God is all you’ve got.
So I picked up The Purpose Driven Life. This is a great book. If I had to call it another name, I’d call it Christianity 101. This is a great book for new believers who want to grow in their relationship with God. It’s also a great book for mature believers because it brings us back to the simplicity of living for God and helps us remember what’s important. It’s a great 40-day journey to go through – I’d recommend it!
Final Grade – 8.5 out of 10
- Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless
- God is not just the starting point of your life; he is the source of it.
- I don’t know all the keys to success, but one key to failure is to try to please everyone.
- The greatest tragedy is not death, but life without purpose.
- Never confuse activity with productivity.
- A very important test is how you act when you can’t feel God’s presence in your life.
- If you have ever said, “I didn’t get anything out of worship today,” you worshiped for the wrong reason. Worship isn’t for you.
- You are as close to God as you choose to be.
- You don’t bring glory to God by trying to be someone he never intended you to be. God wants you to be yourself.
- If God never did anything else for you, he would still deserve your continual praise for the rest of your life because of what Jesus did for you on the cross.
- THE BEST USE OF LIFE IS LOVE
- Why should God give you another day if you’re going to waste it?
- The importance of things can be measured by how much time we are willing to invest in them.
- the best way to spell love is “T–I–M–E.”
- it is easy to fool ourselves into thinking we are mature if there is no one to challenge us. Real maturity shows up in relationships.
- Humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less. Humility is thinking more of others. Humble people are so focused on serving others, they don’t think of themselves.
- Nothing shapes your life more than the commitments you choose to make.
- You’ll never know that God is all you need until God is all you’ve got.