Last year I posted that it is hard for me to focus on intimacy with God instead of learning information about God. Chris Davis recommended I read “The Pursuit of God” by A.W. Tozer. I’m so glad I did.
This book will make you lost sight of everything in life except the pursuit of God. Causing you to seek Him in everything you do and making your whole life about an intimate relationship with Him. I loved this book!
Final Grade: 9/10 Buy it Here
- There is today no lack of Bible teachers to set forth correctly the principles of the doctrines of Christ, but too many of these seem satisfied to teach the fundamentals of the faith year after year, strangely unaware that there is in their ministry no manifest Presence, nor anything unusual in their personal lives. They minister constantly to believers who feel within their breasts a longing which their teaching simply does not satisfy.
- How tragic that we in this dark day have had our seeking done for us by our teachers.
- The man who has God for his treasure has all things in One.
- Our woes began when God was forced out of His central shrine and “things” were allowed to enter. Within the human heart “things” have taken over. Men have now by nature no peace within their hearts, for God is crowned there no longer
- We are often hindered from giving up our treasures to the Lord out of fear for their safety; this is especially true when those treasures are loved relatives and friends. But we need have no such fears
- At that testing place there will be no dozen possible choices for us; just one and an alternative, but our whole future will be conditioned by the choice we make.
- “Question: What is the chief End of Man? Answer: Man’s chief End is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.
- “Our break with the world will be the direct outcome of our changed relation to God.
- Millions call themselves by His Name, it is true, and pay some token respect to Him, but a simple test will show how little He is really honored among them. Let the average man be put to the proof on the question of who is above, and his true position will be exposed. Let him be forced into making a choice between God and money, between God and men, between God and personal ambition, God and self, God and human love, and God will take second place every time. Those other things will be exalted above.