You have to read this book!!! I would rank it in the top 3 leadership books I’ve ever read! I just recently heard of and started following the author, Seth Godin. I would strongly recommend you reading his blog on a daily basis.
Here are some of my key take aways from the book:
- For the first time ever, everyone in an organization – not just the boss is expected to lead
- Suddenly, in today’s world – the oldest brands are no longer the fastest growing, the most experienced business people are no longer the most successful, and the safest jobs are not safe anymore.
- Life is too short to make mediocre stuff and hate what you do all day
- You don’t have enough time to be unhappy and mediocre
- We choose not to be remarkable because we’re worried about criticism
- Trying to lead everyone results in leading no one in particular
- You can worry about most people all day, but I promise they’re not worried about you
- The only one holding you back from becoming the kind of person who changes things is: lack of faith
- The art of leadership is understanding what you can’t compromise on
- When you hire amazing people and give them freedom – they do amazing things
- The organizations that need innovation the most are the ones that do the most to stop it from happening
- Being charismatic doesn’t make you a leader, being a leader makes you charismatic
- If you organization requires success before commitment, it will never have either
- We need You to lead Us!
Final Grade: A+ – a Must Read!! Buy it here!