This was the second book I’ve read by Mark Batterson. I’ve absolutely loved both of his books and I’d recommend them to everyone!
The Wild Goose chase is all about the adventure of pursuing God.This book rekindled some passions in my heart, challenged me to step out on some things God’s put in my heart, and really inspired me to go to another level in my walk with God.
I know I’ll find myself coming back to this book often in my pursuit of God. I’m grateful for Mark writing it!
Biggest Takeaway: Living for God is an adventure that requires us to dream big, risk everything, be willing to go through shipwrecks, have courage, and put our total dependency in Him.
Final Grade: 9.5 / 10
- Most of us have no idea where we are going most of the time. And I know that is unsettling. but circumstantial uncertainty also goes by another name: adventure.
- I wonder if churches do to people what zoo’s do to animals
- You have to be willing to let go of an old identity in order to take on a new identity!
- In the beginning God made man in His own image, ever since, man has been making God in his image
- It’s never too late to become who you might have been
- People cannot discover new lands until they have the courage to lose sight of the shore
- If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans
- Sometimes it takes a shipwreck for God to get us where He wants us to go
- Quit trying to write your own story
- God is more concerned about your future than you are!
- God always has reasons that we’re unaware of!
- Getting where God wants me to go isn’t as important as becoming who God wants me to become in the process