Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even if You Hate Marketing and Selling
I have a desire to be a professional speaker and an author. As a result, I try to intentionally grow and learn as much as I can about that field. I am always looking for great books on how authors and speakers build their platforms as well as their businesses. Through the recommendation of Michael Hyatt via his blog, I heard about “Book Yourself Solid” by Michael Port. I’m so glad Michael recommended it.
As I was reading the book, I made a to-do list for myself based off everything Michael suggested. When I finished the book, I had over 110 action items to do. I will keep that to-do list forever as I not only build my own platform, but as I build the reputation and platform of any organization I work for or cause that I believe in.
If you’re into building brands and platforms and want an extremely practical book on how to get started today, pick this one up! I promise you won’t regret it!
See Highlights from the Book Below
Buy the Hard Copy Here:
Buy the Kindle Version Here:
- Over 93 percent of clients who have used the Book Yourself Solid system have increased the number of clients they serve by more than 34 percent and increased their revenue by more than 42 percent within the first year.
- Choose your ideal clients so you work only with people who inspire and energize you.
- He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away. —Raymond Hull
- For your marketing to work, your clients need to spread your messages for you.
- Having a product enhances your credibility with your prospects, your peers, meeting planners, and the media because it establishes you as a category expert and sets you apart from your competitors
- Your profits will come from connections with people who can send you business—whether that’s by way of a satisfied client who refers others to you; or another professional who has the ability to book you for speaking engagements, write about you, or partner with
- My personal goal is to subscribe to the 80/20 rule when it comes to keeping in touch. That means 80 percent of my keep-in-touch marketing is based on giving away free content, opportunities, and resources that will help the people I serve, and 20 percent is made up of offers to purchase services, products, and programs that will also help the people I serve