A few months ago, I was having lunch with a leader and he was asking me to share some things with him that God has put in our hearts about what we feel called to do.
After I shared, he looked at me and said, “Isn’t it amazing that out of all the people on the planet, God specifically picked you and put this in your heart? That’s a big deal!”
I had never thought about that before. When he said that, I was encouraged and felt extremely grateful for the fact that God has something for me to do! Not only does He having something for me to do, but what He has for me to do is a big deal!
I Corinthians 15:58 says, “Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.”
If there is nothing that we do for God that is ever useless, then everything that God asks us to do is a big deal!
- When He asks you to serve in your church, it’s a big deal!
- When He asks you to say hi to someone, it’s a big deal!
- When He asks you to pay for someones meal or groceries, it’s a big deal!
- When He asks you to plant a church, it’s a big deal!
- When He asks you to raise Godly kids, it’s a big deal!
- When He asks you to do everything you do with excellence, it’s a big deal!
- When He asks you to give something up for Him, it’s a big deal!
- When He asks you to lead a small group, it’s a big deal!
- When He asks you to start a business or a non-profit, it’s a big deal!
Too often, we think only certain things God asks people to do are a big deal. The reality is, everything God asks each of us to do is a HUGE deal.
Never take anything God has asked you to do for granted, regardless of how small you may think it is, He thinks it’s a big deal! If He didn’t think it was, He wouldn’t have asked you to do it!
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.