Laura and I had the opportunity to attend the Dream Center Conference in LA. It was an incredible experience. We’re still processing everything God did in our hearts. In this post, I share my key takeaways from each session. I hope that they’ll add value to your life! Enjoy!
Session 1: Matthew Barnett
- You’re on act of faith away from seeing the greatest miracle in your city!
- Response to criticism: thank you, I’m just trying to get better every day!
- Learn to see a food truck when your heart is broken!
- You don’t know what God has in your heart…He will not only show your gifts you never knew you had, but he will cause you to love people you never knew you loved and give you ways to reach them!
- Sometimes the only pro you have is asking, “What if?”
Session 2: Bishop Dale Bronner
- Are you willing to carry a vision for 25 years?
- Don’t let a divine delay turn into a devilish disappointment!
- Money never starts an idea, ideas start the money! William Cameron
- God can’t bless nothing, but He will bless something! Do something!
- Don’t ask your children what they want to be when they grow up. Ask them what problems they want to solve. This changes the conversation from who do I want to work for to what do I need to learn to be able to do that?
- What’s the problem in this world that God has created me to solve?
- The faith to step out is worthless without the faithfulness to stick it out!
- 3 kinds of dreamers: Those who wish, those who wait, and those who work for it!
- When did God ever call anyone to do anything easy?
- Don’t let your dream frustrate you! Every frustration has as a root deception!
- Don’t ever wonder if God knows what He is doing!
- God will never ask you to do anhinga for Him that He expects you to without him!
- When you start doing something, your respect for people doing it goes way way way up! You realize it’s not an accident!
- There some the that will never click until you start moving!
- Dreams require risk, risk requires faith, faith requires the word, the word requires your undivided attention!
- When Joseph became the steward of Pharaoh’s dream, his dreams came true.
- The clearer your dream, the greater your faith!
Session #3: Leadership Panel:
- Peer pressure is the avoidance of pain!
- You don’t get what you critique, you get what you brag on! – Tommy Barnett
- The best defense is longevity! Outlive your critics!
- Be known as people that can fix problems in your city. Become the answer to everything!
- God is the source, people are the resource!
- Commit yourself to the finish line with consistency and faithfulness… Once you’re committed to the finish line, you don’t get thrown off by the us and downs.
- Make no provision for failure… Cut the word quit out of your dictionary!
- Everything rises and falls on leadership
- You’ll determine what Sunday will look like by what you do Monday – Saturday!
- People aren’t lazy, they just don’t know what to do!
- How do you start a food ministry? You find a hungry person and you give them food, and now you have a food ministry,
- There isn’t a model, find a need and fill it, find a hurt and heal it!
Sessions 4&5: Ministry and Business
- Don’t expect them to come to you, you go to them!
- We meet needs in order to speak to peoples potential!
- Don’t let people leave because they are not getting a chance to use their gifting!
Session #6: Chris Hodges
- God can’t multiply your good intentions!
- The greatest gift you can get is to go home with more clarity!
- Gods letting bad things happen because he’s setting you up to be the answer!
- Our first goal should be to get good at seeing what God sees.
- If God answered all your prayers, would it change the world or would it change you?
- Stop telling your people to invite people and go invite someone yourself!
- The dream is free, but the journey is not! It will cost you.
- Unforgiveness is the ultimate dream stopper.
Session #7: Luke Barnett
- The decisions you make today will determine the stories you tell tomorrow!
- In order to reach your destiny you have to walk away from your security.
- You’re story will either be God told me to go and I shrank back in fear or it will be God told me to go and I obeyed and looked what He’s done as a result!
- You don’t have to have faith to finish what God called you to do, you only have to have the faith to start!
Session #8: Judah Smith
- Our job isn’t to be the best, our job is to be our best!
- Healthy ministry comes from a healthy soul!
- Don’t let your preaching get better than you’re living!
- You can arrive where you want to be and get there and not be the person you want to be.
Session #9: Caroline Barnett
- What have I told myself I can’t do?
- What’s on the other side of fear?
- Ask God to be involved!
- My level confidence is dependent on how much time I spend with Him!
- If you fear God, you have nothing else to fear!
- Helping others is self-help!
- Are you pedaling something you’re not experiencing?
- What will happen if you don’t do it?
- Don’t look at your fear as what it means to you, think about what will happen if you don’t go.
Session #10: Tommy Barnett
- To be used by God is the greatest honor and joy anyone could ever experience
- You’ll find one quality in every person that has been used by God in an extraordinary way: They were not afraid to trust God completely.
- Where there is no vision, the people will go to another parish!
- You can never delegate trusting God, you can’t delegate faith.
- You have to decide can you believe God for a little or can you believe God for a lot?
- What would you attempt for God if you could not fail?
- You grow when you face the impossible!
- If it’s God, it’s so big you have no idea how it will happen and you won’t have the resources, and you’ll think it’s impossible!
- Three Stages to Gods will in your life: Impossible, Possible, Done! ~Hudson Taylor
- You don’t have to know how it’s going to happen, you just need to start!
- The size of your God should determine the size of your goal!
- You haven’t believed God until you’ve done something that is bigger than you!
- Don’t gain the world and lose your family!
- Once you say you can spend the rest of your life to something, you can dream big!
- Am I willing to stay here until I die?
- There comes a time where you have to lay it all on the line!
- Failure is no big deal, it’s just an experiment that went wrong!
- Somewhere along the line we have to trust God!
- Leadership is the ability to hide your panic!
- Hell would be if God showed me what I could have done if I wasn’t held back by fear!
- There will be times when the burden won’t keep you going, but the call will!
Thoughts? Comment below!
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!