Becoming the Leader You Were Born to Be
How to Discover what’s Inside of You:
1.) Determine to make it you life’s pursuit discover and develop everything that God has put in you!
2.) Get around people who see in you what you can’t even see in yourself
3.) Be faithful with what Is in Front of You!
Personal Growth will Take You Places You Never Dreamed of
- Don’t focus on being discovered, focus on being developed
- Character Development is the Most Important Development
- Grow Every Day
- What podcasts are you listening to?
- What books are you reading?
- What leaders are you spending time with?
- Who is sharpening you
- Recognize that Consistency has a Compounding Effect over Time
- Day to day intensity, week to week consistency, builds champions! – Jim Rankin
- You don’t see your hair grow overnight, but in time you need a haircut!
- What are you doing on a daily basis to grow? Do you have a personal growth plan?
- Get in a Mastermind Group & Mentors in Your Life
Develop the Confidence to Dream big and Go For It
Mastermind Groups & Mentors: Why are they so powerful? They help you overcome your fears (which are usually incredibly dumb!)
Fight Fear with Action – Just do it!
- Some will, some won’t, so what. -Paul Matthews
- There are 6.1 billion people on the planet who will want nothing to do with what you’re doing, go find the ones that do!
Don’t Despise Small Beginnings
- Focus on the impact you are making instead of the impact you wish you were making!
Ignore the Critics and Haters (Even if it’s you!)
- If I would of listened to the naysayers, I would still be in the Austrian alps yodeling” -Arnold
- Don’t find your happiness in other people’s heads!
- When you’re small, they ignore you. When you grow, they criticize you. When you succeed, they resent you. Keep focused on God! -Rick Warren
Discover the Price for what You Want and Pay IT!
“People who idealize the privileges of Leadership often fail to notice the Sacrifice involved.” –@JohnCMaxwell
Define Success Correctly
Success is not:
- How many speaking engagements I have
- How many people know and respect me
- Who I get to spend time with
- Where I work
- How much money I raise
- How many people visit my website, blog, podcast
- How much money is in the bank
- Where I get to travel
- How many times I get promoted
- How good of shape I am in
- Where I live
- Success is:
- Doing what God called me to do
- Loving God and loving people
- Being a great husband to Laura
- Creating memories that last a lifetime with the people I love most
- Having those closest to me love and respect me the most. -John Maxwell
- Raising world-changing kids
- Doing the best I can to become the best I can be
- Making a difference in the lives of others
- Growing to my maximum potential
- Who I am in Christ
Knowing my purpose in life
Don’t Quit – You Have No Idea What You Might Set into Motion
1.) Remember Why You Started – Get Your Eyes off of You!
- Success in Leadership Has Nothing to Do With You, Yet most of the Reasons People Quit are About them!
- Leadership is Losing the Right to Think About Yourself. -Gerald Brooks
2.) Remember that You Have One Job in Life: Add Value to People
- You can get everything you want in life, IF you just help enough other people get what they want.” -Zig Ziglar
- “Success in leadership isn’t when you reach your full potential, it’s when you get to a place where you are helping other people reach theirs.”-John Nuzzo
3.) Don’t Quit, You Don’t Know what Things will Look like 1 year from now
- “We overestimate what we can do in one year, but underestimate what we can do in 5 years.” -Mark Batterson
4.) Don’t Quit, You never know Who You’ll Reach, Where You’ll Go, or What You’ll set into Motion
Jeff Leake once said this about legacy, “Our legacy shouldn’t just be determined by what we did, but by what we set into motion!”
You don’t know who you’re going to reach
You don’t know who you’re going to impact
You can reach people no one else is reaching