Jeff Leake has served as the Lead Pastor of Allison Park Church, in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, PA, for over twenty years. Jeff earned a BA in Bible from Central Bible College and an MA in Missiology from the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary.
Melodie Leake earned an A.A. in Bible from Central Bible College. She serves as the Women’s Pastor at APC. Jeff and Melodie have been married for over 25 years. Together they have five children (four boys and one girl).
Most notably, Jeff has been instrumental in helping many new churches to get started. In 1996, APC began planting churches under Jeff’s leadership. Currently, there have been over 17 churches planted (over 10 in the Pittsburgh area).
Jeff founded the Reach Northeast Network to train and mentor the new church planting pastors in the network. ReachNortheast.com
Connect with Jeff:
- Tell us about yourself, your family, your passions!
- Walk us through your leadership journey . . . Did you always aspire to be a leader wherever you were? How did you learn leadership?
- Can you name a person who has had a tremendous impact on you as a leader? Why and how did this person impact your life?
- What are you doing and what have you done to ensure you continue to grow and develop as a leader?
- What books have you read that have made a great impact on you that you would recommend?
- Could you talk about one or two of your greatest leadership failures? What did you learn from them?
- How do you balance ministry with your family life?
- Talk to us about your vision to plant 100 churches in 10 years! Where did that come from and how do you plan to do it?
- Talk about the leadership team at Allison Park Church. What makes it a great team?
- What do you do to intentionally grow as a staff?
- What qualities do you look for in up and coming leaders?
- In your leadership experience, what have you learned about building a great team?
- What is the one behavior or trait that you have seen derail leaders careers?
- What questions am I not asking that I should be?
- What can young leaders do to set themselves apart in their organizations?
- What do you want your legacy to be?
- Where do you see yourself in 15 years?
- If you could give any advice to young leaders, what would it be?
My Key Takeaways:
- Find great leaders and be around them!
- Read a leadership book a month
- Failure is the best way to learn! Failure is a great teacher.
- Balance is not possible, you don’t want to be balanced. Everything should get different attention.
- Unsolvable issues are usually an indicator that God is trying to do something
- What do I feel disturbed about inwardly? It’s usually an indicator of something God wants to do!
- Most mentoring happens life on life!
- It’s important to set and accomplish goals. It builds credibility.
- A lot of leaders get derailed because they never learn how to resolve conflict.
- Learn to confront. Do it often.
- Have healthy friendships outside of what ou manage.
- Learn from others experience
- Life is not measured by what you do, but by what you set in motion!
- If you leave the sect of leadership, you also lose your influence. Stay involved in leadership.
Ways to Help
Share the content on Social Media
If you have an idea for a future podcast you would like to hear or a leader you would like me to interview, e-mail me.
Also, if you enjoyed the podcast, please rate it on iTunes and write a review.
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.