Learning to Lead Episode #034: John Nuzzo
**Note: This podcast is split into two parts. I’ve also added the time where you can find each question in the episode in the “Questions” portion of the show notes.
John Nuzzo is the senior pastor of Victory Family Church located in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania. Pastor John and his wife Michelle founded the church in 1993. Under their leadership, the church has grown into a body of believers possessing the same vision—to reveal the love of God for all mankind. Their belief is that an individual’s understanding of the depths of God’s love will cause every man, woman and child to rise above their circumstances, have an eternal perspective in life, and be moved beyond their own needs to the needs of humanity. Pastor John’s teaching is delivered in a way that is relevant to the life and heart of every believer. Pastor John and Michelle’s desire is to see people experience God in everyday life.
Connect with John:
Victory Family Church: http://www.lifeatvictory.com
- Tell us about yourself, your family, your passions! (Part 1 – 4:49)
- Walk us through your leadership journey . . . How did you learn leadership? (Part 1 – 5:24)
- Talk about leadership capacity. How much can leaders really grow beyond their initial gifting? (Part 1 – 7:58)
- Talk about security and leadership? How can young leaders overcome insecurity? (Part 1 – 13:31) (Dealing with your own issues)
- Talk about blind spots – How did you identify your blind spots and how can others identify their own? (Part 1 – 15:58)
- When you realize your weaknesses, how do you handle that without becoming insecure? (Part 1 – 17:30) (The importance of becoming healthy as a leader)
- Being a positive – positive person, how do you deal with failure? (Part 1 – 25:49)
- How did you develop a staff culture of growth at Victory? (Part 1 – 28:45)
- Mentoring and Characteristics of Young Leaders (Part 1 – 30:15)
- How do you process pain as a leader? (Part 2 – 0:37)
- What separates young leaders who keep growing vs. young leaders who hit lids? (Part 2 – 4:40)
- Talk to young leaders who want to go into ministry. What advice would you give them? (Part 2 -9:40)
- What do you want your legacy to be? (Part 2 – 13:59)
- Looking back on your life, what will you be most proud of accomplishing? (Part 2 – 17:50)
Leadership Small Group
If you are interested in the leadership small group, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How You Can Help this Podcast:
- To listen to past interviews, go to my podcast page.
- Subscribe to this podcast
- Rate and leave a review of the podcast
- Share the content on Social Media
- Sign-up for my Learning to Lead Newsletter
- If you have an idea for a future podcast you would like to hear or a leader you would like me to interview, e-mail me.
- If you enjoyed the podcast, please rate it on iTunes and write a review.
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.