In this episode, I interview Ken Coleman, Author of One Question: Life Changing Answers From Today’s Leading Voices; Host of The Dave Ramsey Show Video Channel, EntreLeadership Podcast & Dave Ramsey Live Events.
I enjoyed this interview because Ken has interviewed some of the world’s greatest leaders. In our conversation, Ken walks us through his process for preparing for his interviews. If you want to learn how to make the most out of the time you get with the leaders you spend time with, you need to listen to this episode.
You can find Ken’s bio, the questions that I asked, my key takeaways, and ways to connect with him below in the show notes. I know that this interview will add value to your life! Enjoy!
Author of One Question: Life Changing Answers From Today’s Leading Voices; Host of The Dave Ramsey Show Video Channel, EntreLeadership Podcast & Dave Ramsey Live Events. An expert interviewer and rising broadcast star, Ken Coleman has been called a “young Charlie Rose” by legendary Duke Basketball Coach Mike Krzyzewski and talk radio icon Dave Ramsey has labeled him “one of the best interviewers in the country.”
Most importantly, Ken is blessed to be Stacy’s husband and the proud daddy of Ty, Chase and Josie.
Connect with Ken:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KenColemanHost
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/KenColeman
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/KenColemanShow
- Entreleadership: https://www.entreleadership.com/
- Book: http://www.amazon.com/One-Question-Life-Changing-Answers-Leading/dp/145167502X
- Tell us about yourself, what you do, and your passions.
- Walk us through your leadership journey.
- What was it like working for John Maxwell?
- You’ve been around some of the greatest leaders on the planet, who has had the biggest impact on you as a leader. How did this person impact your life?
- What are the top 3 favorite interviews you’ve done?
- You have had the opportunity to interview some of the greatest leaders of our generation. What encouragement do you have for young leaders who desire to have similar opportunities? Specifically, can you talk about the courage it takes to ask someone you admire to spend time with them?
- How do you personally prepare for an interviews?
- Who is still left on your bucket list to interview?
- Where is Ken Coleman in 15 years and what do you want to be remembered for?
- You are performing an interview! Showcase them! Showcase the content that the guest has to offer!
- Questions are the keys to life’s mos important answers!
- Don’t be afraid of asking… The worst thing that can happen is that they never reply to you. You have nothing to lose
- Be provocative about how you approach the question – make it easy, show the value, etc. if you don’t have a huge platform… Make it easy…. I want 7 minutes of your time… Make them think and feel it!
- The process Ken uses to prepare for his interviews
- We need to be ok sitting with people who don’t agree with us!
- Suck the marrow out of life!
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.