Welcome everyone to episode #63 of the Learning to Lead podcast! I now have an intro for this podcast, let me know what you think of it. I’ve wanted to do that for a while and finally did using Fiver, which is a website where you can hire people to do jobs for you starting at $5 per job! It’s a great resource for you to check out.
Episode #63: John Nuzzo, Pastor of Victory Family Church
John Nuzzo is the senior pastor of Victory Family Church located in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania. Pastor John and his wife Michelle founded the church in 1993. Under their leadership, the church has grown into a body of believers possessing the same vision—to reveal the love of God for all mankind. Their belief is that an individual’s understanding of the depths of God’s love will cause every man, woman and child to rise above their circumstances, have an eternal perspective in life, and be moved beyond their own needs to the needs of humanity. Pastor John’s teaching is delivered in a way that is relevant to the life and heart of every believer. Pastor John and Michelle’s desire is to see people experience God in everyday life.
Connect with Pastor John:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pastorjohnnuzzo
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnnuzzo
- Victory Family Church: http://www.lifeatvictory.com
- Biblical leadership is about who you lift and what you build for other people to live in after you’re gone
- Superficial success is attractive because it boosts our egos, but it will ruin your life.
- Success and failure are not secrets
- Don’t want to be anything other than what God wants you to be
- Live by principle, not pressure
- The pressure you feel is not going away, in fact, the further you go in your purpose, the more pressure there is.
- We can’t create God in our own image
- God’s all about getting His resources for His purposes to His people who are doing His purposes!
- It’s ok to be messed up, but it’s not ok to stay that way
- Leaders don’t grow because they don’t deal with their unhealthiness & inadequacies
- Never ever ever ever discuss what you don’t like laterally or down, talk to the people above you or else you’ll divide an organization
- Learning to Lead Vision and Prayer Night – Join us on Mt. Washington on Wednesday, July 18th at 7 p.m. at the Carnegie Library. We will be sharing what is on our hearts for the next year of Learning to Lead and praying over the city of Pittsburgh. Afterward, we will all go to dinner! Register here!
- July Leadership Breakfast: Our next breakfast will be on Saturday, July 18th with Dr. John Stanko. To learn more about this event and to register, go here!
- To listen to other interviews, go to our Learning to Lead podcast page. To learn more about what we’re doing through Learning to Lead, sign-up for our e-mail newsletter here.
How You Can Help this Podcast:
- To listen to past interviews, go to my podcast page.
- Subscribe to this podcast
- Rate and leave a review of the podcast
- Share the content on Social Media
- Sign-up for my Learning to Lead Newsletter
- If you have an idea for a future podcast you would like to hear or a leader you would like me to interview, e-mail me.
- If you enjoyed the podcast, please rate it on iTunes and write a review.
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.