This episode comes from our breakfast series. In this message, Pittsburgh Leadership Foundation President, Lisa Slayton, shares what she believes to be the most important leadership lesson for the next generation.
Episode #68: Lisa Slayton
Lisa’s Bio: Lisa brings a diverse set of experiences to the leadership of SL/ PLF. Over 20 years of experience in the marketplace in sales and marketing and senior management roles as well as ministry leadership experience marries a unique set of capabilities to serve in her current role. Having both strong strategic and integrating capabilities as well as design and connecting strengths allows her to serve the organization on a number of fronts.
Lisa develops and implements all strategic initiatives and gives operational oversight for the organization. Additionally, Lisa provides executive leadership for business development and donor relationships and evaluates and develops new initiatives and partnerships that advance the mission and vision of SL/ PLF.
Since joining Serving Leaders in 2005, Lisa has designed and launched the Leaders Collaborative and delivered organizational development, training and coaching services to Bombardier TTS, NetHealth, CTR Systems, Akina, Prominent, ABC Anesthesia and WabTec. Previous business experience includes Marketing Director for PG Training and Consulting, Business Analyst and Information Systems manager for Kaufmanns Department Store, Account Manager and Executive for Byer California, Buyer and merchant for Charming Shoppes and the Denver Dry Goods.
Additionally Lisa has served as volunteer women’s ministry director and as a Board Elder at NewCommunity Church in Wexford PA. Lisa is married to Roger for 31 years and has one son, Zachary.
Mount Holyoke College, Anthropology 1981, Bakke Graduate University, MA in Social and Civic Entrepreneurship 2011.
Connect with Lisa:
- Website: http://www.plf.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lisa.slayton1
- Twitter: @LisaSlayton
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/lisa-slayton/1/aa0/15
Links Mentioned in the Show:
- September’s Leadership Breakfast: Our next breakfast will be on Saturday, September 19th at 8 a.m. Our speaker will be Ed Glover, Founder of Urban Impact. For more information and to register for this event, click here.
- Small Groups – We have small groups that meet the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of every month. E-mail Doug at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- To listen to other interviews, go to our Learning to Lead podcast page. To learn more about what we’re doing through Learning to Lead, sign-up for our e-mail newsletter here.
How You can help our Podcast:
- To listen to past interviews, go to our podcast page.
- Subscribe to this podcast
- Rate and leave a review of the podcast
- Share the content on Social Media
- Sign-up for our Learning to Lead Newsletter
- If you have an idea for a future podcast you would like to hear or a leader you would like me to interview, e-mail us.
- If you enjoyed the podcast, please rate it on iTunes and write a review.
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.