This episode comes from our breakfast series in which we bring in seasoned leaders to share their best leadership content for the next generation. Our speaker this month was Ed Glover, the Founder of Urban Impact.
I’ve known Ed for about 4 years now. he runs an incredible organization helping inner city kids on the north Side of Pittsburgh. You’ll get to hear him talk about that and how to help him in this talk. I also interviewed Ed in Episode #15 of the Learning to Lead podcast. Ed titled his message: “How to Finish Well.” In our world, so many leaders never make it to their finish line. In his message, Ed teaches us things that will help all of us make it to the finish line. You’re going to love this.
Episode #70: Ed Glover on How to Finish Well
Rev. Dr. Ed Glover, Founder and President of Urban Impact Foundation, along with his wife Tammy, has been involved in urban ministry on Pittsburgh’s North Side for the past twenty-one years.
In 1986, Ed became youth pastor at the Allegheny Center Alliance Church in Pittsburgh, PA and moved to the North Side community. His years of ministry and living in that community convinced him that the problems of the urban community could only be effectively addressed through a holistic approach. That conviction led to the development of Urban Impact Foundation, a ministry that has affected thousands of children, youth and families on the North Side of Pittsburgh and has been modeled in cities across the country. Urban Impact’s mission is to foster Christian community development. The way this mission is fleshed out is through reaching one person, one family, one block at a time through athletics, academics, performing arts and other relational ministries.
Ed is also the founder of Global Impact USA, Inc., a day long missions event designed to motivate and expose youth to missions both locally and globally. More than 50,000 youth and youth leaders have participated in Global Impact since its inception. Over the years, Ed has become a sought after speaker. He currently serves as Associate Preacher and Director of Urban Missions for Christ Church at Grove Farm in Sewickley, PA.
Ed graduated from Lambuth University in Tennessee, and received his Master’s of Divinity from Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, NY. In 2001, Ed received an honorary doctorate from Toccoa Falls College in Toccoa Falls, GA for his work in the urban setting. Ed has been an adjunct professor at both Alliance Theological Seminary and Nyack College. Ed and his wife Tammy also have the distinction of being the only urban missionaries in the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
Ed and his wife Tammy live on the North Side with their children Nathan, Joshua, Jonathan, and Abigail.
Connect with Ed:
Links I talked about in the show:
- September’s Leadership Breakfast: Our next breakfast will be on Saturday, October 17th, at 8 a.m. Our speaker will be John Henne, owner of Henne Jewelers. Register here for this breakfast.
- Small Groups – We have small groups that meet the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of every month. E-mail Doug at email@example.com if you are interested.
- To listen to other interviews, go to our Learning to Lead podcast page. To learn more about what we’re doing through Learning to Lead, sign-up for our e-mail newsletter here.
How You can help our Podcast:
- To listen to past interviews, go to our podcast page.
- Subscribe to this podcast
- Rate and leave a review of the podcast
- Share the content on Social Media
- Sign-up for our Learning to Lead Newsletter
- If you have an idea for a future podcast you would like to hear or a leader you would like me to interview, e-mail us.
- If you enjoyed the podcast, please rate it on iTunes and write a review.
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.