Episode #81: The Top Lessons I Learned in 2015
How You Can Help this Podcast:
- Subscribe to this podcast
- Rate and leave a review of the podcast
- Share the content on Social Media
- Sign-up for my Learning to Lead Newsletter
- If you have an idea for a future podcast you would like to hear or a leader you would like me to interview, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you enjoyed the podcast, please rate it on iTunes and write a review.
1.) Get our Free eBook: Making the Most of Mentoring
- Zero Six Eight: http://www.zerosixeight.org/
3.) We’d love to see you at one of our events! Get more info here: http://www.l3leadership.org/event/
Links mentioned in this Episode:
“If you know you can accomplish a goal, it’s not a BHAG!” -Jim Collins
2.) The Honor of God giving me a Mission
- I Chronicles 17: – I took you from tending sheep and selected you to be the leader of my people – I’ve been with you wherever you’ve gone and now I’ll make you famous. Who am I God and what is my family that you have brought me this far?
- “Few of you were wise, powerful, and wealthy, when God called you. God chose things counted as nothing at all and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important. If you want to boast, boast about the Lord.”
- Anything God asks you to do is a big deal!
3.) Being bold about vision
- Our biggest fear is that we can’t do what we’re called to do
- The first person that has to be convinced of the Mission is you!
- There are 6.1 billion people on the planet who want nothing to do with your Mission, go find the ones that do! -Pastor John
“The moment one definitely commits oneself then providence moves too. All sorts of things help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issue from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would come his way.” William Murray
4.) The Importance of Character Development
- Luke 22:31 – Peter, satan has asked to sift you like wheat, but I have pleaded for you that your faith shall not fail.
- II Corinthians 2:11 – Lest satan should take advantage of you, we are not ignorant of his devised.
- Man’s greatest enemy is most present when we are most certain he is not! -James MacDonald
- Let God be the architect of your growth!
- Thank God He doesn’t leave you alone! –Joyce Meyer
- The message of every major messenger in the Bible was simple: Repent! Repentance isn’t a place you visit, it’s a place you live in.
- Character is more caught than taught
- Who do you have that you can be honest with? You’re only as strong as you are honest!
- Who can tell you no that you’ll actually listen to?
- Our greatest weakness is lack of self-confidence
- You’ll never outperform your self-image
- If you only place a small value upon yourself, rest assured the world will not raise the price!
- If your value is in anything you can lose, you’re in danger!
#6.) Be a Great #2:
- “If I would have known about being a #1, I’d have served other #1’s twice as hard.”
#7.) The Importance of Launching
- Most Christians miss it because they don’t ever start doing what they talk about – Denny
- Stop coming together to talk about what you already know, come together to assault hell and pray and make a difference in this world. If not us, then who?
- Launch early enough to be embarrassed by your product’s first version! -Seth Godin
8.) Fail More Often
“Some of your greatest mistakes, are the mistakes you’re not making.” -Steven Furtick
- Formula for success: Double your rate of failure
9.) Crucial Conversations
Book: Crucial Conversations
10.) The Power of a Plan
- Riches don’t respond to wishes, they respond to plans, backed by desires, through constant persistence.
- A company never outgrows the strength of it’s systems
11.) The Power of a Mastermind Group
12.) Helping people and getting no credit for it
- Those who fail in action are frequently exposed here on earth, but those who do right things for the wrong reasons are not often discovered until the next life.
- Matthew 6:1 – Watch out! Don’t do your deeds to be recognized publicly, to be admired by others, for you wil lose your reward! Give your gifts in private and God will reward you.
- Isaiah 58:3 – God’s not impressed when we do something for Him to please ourselves!
- Romans 8:16 – Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people
- Luke 14:12-14 – When throwing a party, invite those who can’t repay you
- Galatians 6:3 – If you think you’re too important to help someone, you’re only fooling yourself, you’re not that important.
13.) Don’t forget Why
- Luke 12:15 – Guard your heart against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own.
- God dealing with my heart: Don’t forget WHY I put this stuff in your heart
- Rick’s advice to young leaders: it’s not about you
- If you’ll walk with God long enough, you’ll get to a point where nothing matters to you other than the people you help! Pastor John
- What were the top lessons you learned in 2015? Comment below!
- What lessons stuck out to you? What did you learn? Comment below!
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.