I recently heard a man share his life story at a breakfast. He is a private pilot that gets to fly 100 million dollar jets all around the world. He said that when he was little, he always wanted to be a pilot. When he told his dad that he wanted to be a pilot, his dad said, “Ok. You want to be a pilot? Then find out how to become a pilot.”
As a result, he set-up meetings with people who were pilots in order to ask them for their advice on becoming a pilot. He asked them what steps he should take. Over time, he found out what it took to become a pilot. Then he took the steps and today he gets an opportunity to fly all over the world in 100 million dollar jets!
Why am I sharing this? Because the key to doing what you would like to do and becoming who you want to become is finding out how.
- Do you want to write and publish a book? Find out how.
- Do you want to become a professional speaker? Find out how.
- Do you want to start a business? Find out how.
- Do you want to raise an awesome family? Find out how.
- Do you want to be a pilot? Find out how.
- Do you want to get into great shape? Find out how.
- Do you want to be a millionaire? Find out how.
- Do you want to be a CEO one day? Find out how.
- Do you want to plant a church? Find out how.
Someone has done or is doing what you want to do right now. Books have been written about what you want to do. There are YouTube videos about what you want to do. There are podcasts about what you want to do. There are an endless amount of resources available for you to find out how to do something.
In today’s world, if you are not on your way to doing what you want to do or becoming who you would like to become it is either because you have not found out how or you found out how and were not willing to take the necessary steps.
- What people can you meet with who are doing what you would like to do?
- What books can you read about what you want to do?
- What podcasts can you listen to about what you want to do?
- What other resources are available for you to find out how to do what you want to do?
Once you find out how, it’s time to take the first step. What is the one step you can take this week to get closer to doing what you want to do one day? Do it!
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.