In my short time going after God I’ve learned and continue to learn some things about God’s plan for our lives. I’d like to share them over the next few days and hear from you along the way.
See, I’m in another season where I don’t know what the next step in my life is supposed to be. I know I’m where I am supposed to be now, but isn’t it easy when you don’t know what is next to start guessing or planning your own next step instead of waiting for God? It can be frustrating and scary at the same time . . . but I’m learning that if we’ll just take God at his Word, wait on Him, hear from Him, obey Him and trust Him… then we’ll live out the specific Will of God in our lives and stand back in awe at how amazing our lives are as a result of what He has planned for us.
What I know about God’s Plan for my Life:
- He has one for me! (Jeremiah 29:11)
- Through it, He wants to do super abundantly, far above, all I could dare ask, think, or imagine in my life. (Ephesians 3:20)
- It’s God’s will that I know His will (He’s not hiding it from me) (Colossians 1:9)
(I Cor. 2:9,10)
- I have free choice in life… just because God has a plan for my life doesn’t mean He makes every decision for me… I have to cooperate with God’s will. (Psalm 127:1)
- God has a permissible will… this is where I think so many Christians settle for a good life… when God created them and has planned for them a GREAT life.
- If I’ll learn to hear from God, if I’ll be willing, and if I’ll be obedient… than I’ll live out the plan that God has for me! (Isaiah 1:19)
- The ultimate purpose of the specific will of God for my life is to have an impact on everyone around me for the Kingdom of God. People’s lives should never be the same as a result of seeing God in and through me.
I think I could go on forever, but these are just a few things I want to cover over the next few days (could be a long series). This subject has been on my heart for a while.
What about you? What are some things you’ve learned about God’s plan for your life?