“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And My ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the Heavens are higher than the earth, so My ways are higher than your ways, and so my thoughts are higher than your thoughts.”
I am convinced that if we can hear from God and be led by Him, then we’ll have it made. Don’t you agree? If we knew God’s perfect will for our lives… wouldn’t that make it so much easier? Well… Good news! It’s God’s will that you know His will… I want to touch on a few factors that come into play when it comes to discovering the Will of God for your life:
- It’s God’s Will that You know His will (Colossians 1:9) He wants you to figure it out!
- God’s Word is His will
- In order to know the specific will of God… we need to know and live out the general will of God. That means knowing and living the B-I-B-L-E God’s Word is His will to everyone…it’s general…you won’t find things like You should marry ______ in the Bible, but you will find out how to conduct your lives in order to please God.
- The Number One Way God leads us is through His Word and by His Spirit. (Romans 8:14,16)
- I just had a post on this with some great resources on How to be led by God and How to hear from God.
- Proverbs 4:18 says that the Path of the Righteous is like the light of dawn, that shines brighter and brighter until the full day.
- If you’re cooperating with God’s will for your life… your path should be getting brighter and brighter…better and better… if it’s not… you’re probably not on the path.
- The Bible says that God is NOT the Author of Confusion
- I heard someone say once that if you have doubt… it’s not God. I used to think that was ridiculous, but the more I grow spiritually… the more truth I am seeing in that statement. God is not out to confuse you!
- God will give you Peace about Your Decision
- Phil 4:7 says that God will give you His peace which surpasses understanding. I am convinced that when God is leading us to do something… even if it isn’t logical, doesn’t make sense, etc. that we’ll have a peace that it is the right thing to do.
These are just some of the ways I’ve learned about learning and knowing what the specific will of God is for your life. I hope it helped you!