How Do You Kill 11 Milion People?

I read about this book by Andy Andrews on Michael Hyatt’s blog. In fact, Michael was giving away 100 copies of it and I happened to get one of them. If the title of this book doesn’t grab you, I don’t know what will. The book is a short, but extremely powerful book. It can be read in one sitting.

The book asks the question, How did an entire population of Germans let 11 million people die under Hitler’s reign?

The answer: They didn’t do anything. Hitler only had about 10% of the population behind what he was doing. The other 90% either had no clue what was going on or if they did, they chose not to do anything about it.

This book will cause you to ask these questions:

  • Does it matter that millions of ordinary citizens have checked out of participating in the decisions that shape the future of our country?
  • Which is more dangerous: politicians with ill intent, or the too-trusting population that allows such people to lead them?
  • How are we supposed to tell the difference between the “good guys” and the “bad guys”?
  • How does the answer to this question affect not only our country but our families, our faith, and our values?
  • What happens to a society in which truth is absent?

This book definitely challenged me to get educated and involved with what is happening all around us. Yesterday, I posted about Kony2012. It’s a perfect example of what we should be doing. Not tolerating injustice. We, the people, have power, but we only have power if we educate ourselves about what is going on and if we have the courage to do something about it. Read this book, get educated, and pass it on to someone else.

Buy the hard copy here.

Buy the Kindle version here.


  • “How fortunate for leaders,” Hitler said to his inner circle, “that men do not think. Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.”
  • The most dangerous thing any nation faces is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them.
  • Any country can survive having chosen a fool as their leader. But history has shown time and again that a nation of fools is surely doomed.

If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please “like” and share it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!

I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *