This year, I’ve started a new leadership podcast and a newsletter called, “Learning to Lead”. In the podcast, I will be interviewing leaders as well as sharing what I have been learning about leadership. My hope is that through these resources, you will grow both as a person and as a leader. If you would like to subscribe to this podcast through iTunes, click here!
Past Episodes include interviews with: Mike Steidel (Director of Admission at CMU), Josh Dziabiak (CEO of Showclix), Penny Semaia (Assistant Athletic Director of Student Life at the University of Pittsburgh) , and Chaz Kellem (Manager of Diversity Initiatives with the Pittsburgh Pirates), and Len Petrancosta, former President of Sysco Foods Service, Luke Skurman, CEO of College Prowler, and John Stahl-Wert, CEO of The Pittsburgh Leadership Foundation. To listen to these podcasts, go to my podcast page.
If you listen to podcasts, I’d highly recommend downloading the app: Downcast for the iPhone. It allows you to stream podcasts instead of downloading them. You can also adjust the speed you play the podcast at. It’s one of the most useful apps I have ever owned!
In addition to the monthly interview podcast, I will be teaching one leadership lesson as well as sending out a e-newsletter. The newsletter will be published 1-2 times a month with new leadership content not found on my blog, leadership quotes, leadership resources, and interviews with leaders. Subscribe to the Newsletter Now!
Learning to Lead Episode #8: Tony Quatrini
Tony is a committee member for the Extra Mile Foundation golf outing, which supports the education of urban children in Pittsburgh area schools. He is also a committee member of the Hoge-Starks-Ward Celebrity Golf Classic, an event that raises revenue to benefit grieving children at the Highmark Caring Place.
- Tell us about you, your life, your family, your job, etc.
- Can you name a person who has had a tremendous impact on you as a leader? Maybe some one who has been a mentor to you? Why and how did this person impact your life?
- Could you talk about one or two of your greatest leadership failures? What did you learn from them?
- What’s it like working for the Pittsburgh Steelers? What is the culture in the office like? What makes it such a great place? What makes the Rooney’s such good leaders?
- You have the #1 brand in all of sports, how hard is it really to lead the marketing department for the Pittsburgh Steelers?
- Talk to young leaders: What advice do you have for young leaders in the work place?
- What do you look for in young leaders?
- Where is Tony Quatrini in 15 years?
- How can our listeners help out the Steelers?
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please “like” and share it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.
I would love to hear suggestions on who you would like me to interview as well as what subjects you would like me to teach on monthly! You can send me your suggestions by filling out the form below.
[contact-form] [contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /] [contact-field label=”Comment” type=”textarea” required=”true” /] [/contact-form]