This video from Seth Godin really challenged me on social networking this weekend. I’m really re-thinking the way I do social networking. This statement is what challenged me the most:
“Networking is always important when it’s real and it’s always a useless distraction when it’s fake”
Here are some questions I’m asking myself. In the future I’ll post about my social media strategy. I’d love to hear your thoughts on these questions:
- How can we use social media to make real connections?
- How can we really add value to people through social media?
- How do you measure the success of how we use social media?
- Are we really making a difference through our efforts?
- How much of the way I use social media is a useless distraction?