The greatest gift you can give to somebody is your own personal development.” ~Jim Rohn
My life was changed forever because a mentor handed me a leadership cd when I was 17 years old. After listening to it, I felt like Neo in the Matrix when he said, “I just learned Kungfu!”
I immediately called my mentor and said, “Give me everything you’ve got!” From that moment on, I have become consumed with personal growth! From books to blogs, to podcasts, to magazines, if it can add value to my life, I want to consume it! I’d encourage you to develop a plan for personal growth in your life.
Here are some of my favorite resources that you can subscribe to for free! Enjoy! I’d love to hear what tools and resources you use! Let me know by commenting below!
- Evernote – Evernote is the greatest invention ever! Go to their website and watch an overview of what it can do.
- Feedly – This is how I read all of the blogs and articles I read online. You can subscribe to every blog/website you read and read them all in one place. It’s AWESOME!
- Awesome Note – This is what I use for my to-do lists! There are a lot of apps for this type of thing, but this is the best one I’ve found so far.
- Cozi – This is heavenly if you’re married and have a family. It’s an app that allows you to share calendars, to-do list, shopping, lists, etc. This is literally what keeps Laura and I organized!
- IFTTT – Put the internet to work for you! This has the capability to automate all kind of things for you!
- Hootsuite – This is what I use to schedule all of my updates in advance.
- Buffer – I use this to share articles that I read that I want to share with the world. It allows you to auto-schedule updates straight from the articles you’re reading.
- WordSwag – This is the app I use to design quotes for social media
- Canva – I use this website to help design cool graphics for social media
- WordPress – the platform I use for blogging. It’s the best.
- Blue Host (affiliate link) – This is the hosting service I use. Click the link below to get a discount!
- Mic – Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone (Affiliate link)
- Digital Recorder – Zoom H4N Digital Multitrack Recorder – 2015 Version (Affiliate link) – I use this to record my interviews
- BuzzSprout – This is the service I use to host my podcast.
- Garage Band – I use this to edit my podcast
- Manfrotto MTPIXI-RD PIXI Mini Tripod (Red) (affiliate link)
- i.Trek Super Mount Metal Smartphone Tripod Adapter and Stand – Retail Packaging – Yellow (affiliate link)
- My Fitness Pal – This is the app I use for tracking calories.
- Shoedometer – I use this app to track the mileage I put on my shoes from running. It’s great!
Workouts: BeachBody’s programs have transformed my health and fitness life! I recommend all of their fitness programs. To order one of them, click the link below, click shop, and then select the program you’d like to buy.
- P90X (affiliate link)
- P90X2 (affiliate link)
- P90X3 (affiliate link)
- Body Beast (affiliate link)
- Insanity (affiliate link)
- 21 Day Fix (affiliate link)
Supplements: BeachBody’s supplements have transformed my health and fitness life! I recommend all of their fitness programs. To order one of them, click the link below, click shop, and then select the program you’d like to buy.
- For books that I’ve read and reviewed, click here.
- To buy books from my amazon storefront, click here!
Blogs that I Read:
- Michael Hyatt – Social Media, Leadership, Productivity
- Perry Noble – Leadership and Spiritual Growth
- Steven Furtick – Spiritual Growth and Leadership
- Brian Tracy – Leadership and Productivity
- Smart Passive Income with Pat Flynn – Online Business
- Chalene Johnson – Online business & fitness
- Jeff Goins – Writing
- Phil Cooke – Marketing
- John Maxwell – Leadership
- Tentblogger – Blogging! WordPress!
- Seth Godin – Marketing, Business, Social Media
- Tim Ferris – Productivity, 4 hour work week, 4 hour body, etc.
- A Real Change – Online Business
- Chris Brogan – Social Media, Marketing, Business
- James MacDonald – Spiritual Growth and Leadership
Podcasts I Listen to:
- Dave Ramsey – If you need help with your finances, start listening to Dave!
- The Entreleadership podcast – Business
- The Learning to Lead Podcast with Doug Smith – Leadership
- The Chalene Show – Online Business, Fitness, and Productivity
- Ask Pat – Online business
- Build Your Tribe with Chalene Johnson – Online Business
- Ask GaryVee – Business
- ProBlogger Podcast – Blogging
- Perry Noble Leadership Podcast
- Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast – Very practical!
- Steven Furtick – Elevation Church Podcast! Awesome stuff!
- Keith Moore – Nobody has helped me grow more spiritually than Keith Moore!
- EntreLeadership – Leadership lessons for Entrepreneurs! Ridiculous resource!
- Catalyst – Leadership for the Next Generation
- The City Church Podcast – Judah Smith will get you fired up in no time!
- Hillsong Church Podcast – Great stuff!
- James MacDonald’s Walk in the Word – Daily online nuggets from the Word of God!
- Newspring Church – Perry Noble!
- Times Square Church Podcast – Weekly podcast! Awesome!
- For Pastors Only – Weekly leadership lessons for pastors from Times Square Church
- Rick Warren’s Ministry Podcast
- Willow Creek Church – Bill Hybels Church
- Passion City Podcast – Louie Giglio
Magazines I subscribe to:
- Success Magazine – If you don’t get this, go to the website and subscribe now. Each magazine comes with a leadership CD with that features at least 3 leaders