A few weeks ago, I watched this video by Gary Vaynerchuk and I haven’t been able to get it out of my head since. Please take a few minutes to watch it.
One is better than zero. #BOOM!
I’ve learned this over the last ten years: Too often, we overestimate who we could reach and underestimate who we are currently reaching.
[shareable]Too often, we overestimate who we could reach and underestimate who we are currently reaching. [/shareable]
My challenge to you today (and to myself) is to start valuing the difference we are making instead of the difference we could be making. The reality is we are all making a much bigger difference than we think we are. Let’s start acting like it.
- If you’re a Pastor, you may not have hundreds or thousands attending your services on a weekend, but are you valuing the people who are attending?
- If you’re an owner of a business, you may not have hundreds of customers, but are you valuing your current customers?
- If you’re a mentor, you may not be mentoring ten or twenty people, but are you valuing the one or two people you are mentoring?
- If you’re a podcaster, you may not be getting thousands of listens a day, but are you valuing the people who are listening?
- If you’re a blogger, you may not be getting thousands of views a day, but are you valuing the readers you are getting?
The bottom line is this: The Bible is clear that if we are faithful with with what we have, God will give us more to be faithful with. However, if we’re not faithful with what we have, we will not be given more to be faithful with. Be faithful with and value what you have now! It’s the only way to get more.
Question: Are you being faithful with the influence you have been given or are you wishing for influence you don’t have yet?
Thoughts? Comment below!
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you! I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.