Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to the people? Who will go for us?” I said, “Here I am, Send me!”
Looking back on my walk with God, I realized that making this the prayer of my heart (I tell God everyday…God, I’ll go where you want me to go, say what you want me to say, and do what you want me to do) has been the most dangerous, yet rewarding prayer I could ever pray!
Dangerous because it’s caused me to:
- Make some of the toughest decisions I’ve ever made in my life
- Get persecuted for no reason
- Lose all my friends
- Not settle for mediocrity or take the easy road
- To be patient and trust God
- Have times where I feel like I’m the only one standing up and living for God (can anyone relate?)
- Since praying that prayer – I’ve lived a life that I couldn’t even imagine living 5 years ago
- I love my life! I have peace, I have joy, I’m not empty, I can sleep at night!
- I got new friends that I wouldn’t trade for anyone in the world
- I’m making a difference in peoples lives
- I never know whats next in my life… but I know it’s going to be ridiculous because God is good!
I could list about a million other things in each category… I just want to challenge you to pray that prayer to God everyday. When you have an open heart and you’re willing to give it all over to God. When you really put Him first in everything you do… it won’t be easy, it won’t always be fun , in fact it really can seem dangerous (stepping out in faith… not knowing what is ahead, while not leaning to your own understanding…tough stuff!). But I promise you . . . if you’ll stick with it, if you won’t compromise, if you’ll trust Him…you’ll be on your way to the most rewarding life you could ever live.