“Let your lives be built on Him . . . then you’ll overflow with thankfulness.” -Col. 2:7
“The blessings of the Lord makes a person rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.” – Proverbs 10:22
Everybody wants to enjoy life. God wants us to enjoy life. I know a lot of people who have the desire to enjoy life, but aren’t. Often we are looking for joy, success, and happiness in all the wrong places. I’ve found that enjoying life comes from:
- Having a relationship with God – this is the foundation and fulfillment of true joy and happiness.
- Having great relationships – There isn’t anything more important in our lives than our relationships with others – cherish and cultivate them.
- Recognizing that changing a life, not drawing a crowd, is true success.
- Creating great experiences and memories – not gaining more material possessions. Create them often.
- Living with High Standards, Integrity, and Character – I live my life according to the Bible. God created us and He knows the way we should live to enjoy life. He gives it to us in His Word!
- Serving – “A life not lived for others, is hardly a life.” -Mother Theresa
- Giving your life for others – right now I give my life to the students at Revolution – I love all of them so much and it is one of the greatest joys to go through life with them, pour into them, and have them pour into me.
I think Ralph Waldo Emerson sums it up well:
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of earnest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Are you enjoying life? If not, start doing some of the things I mentioned and watch as joy comes into your life.
What have you found joy and happiness come from?