I think as twenty somethings it is easy to get focused on ourselves . . . where we’re going, what we’re going to do with our lives, who we’re going to date and marry. We build our reputations up on Facebook, try to become friends with people who can do something for us and get us somewhere, and get so focused on work that we forget about what we’re really here for: to make a difference in peoples lives. So here are some things God’s been teaching me along these lines:
- God dealt with my heart months ago, “Whose kingdom are you trying to build yours or mine?
- How are you treating people who can do absolutely nothing for you?
- We can get so focused on doing the work of the ministry that we stop doing ministry!
- The best minute I’ll spend today is the one I spend investing in people!
- People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care.
- Everyday I ask myself, who can I add value to today. At the end of the day I ask, who did I add value to today.
How do you treat the least of these?? Does what matters to God matter to you? How are you treating the people who can do absolutely nothing to benefit your life?