Just wanted to share with you something I’ve been learning over the past 2 years. I’ve been learning how awesome the Word of God (the Bible) is. I bet you’re saying, Bubba, that is obvious! My question to you is, is it really?
- Do you esteem the Word?
- Is it a priority in your life?
- Do you read it more than you read blogs? Leadership books? Readers digest?
Early on in my Christian walk I got consumed with reading both spiritual and christian books and my emphasis was on them and not the Word. In my sermons, I’d use a John Maxwell quote (although it’s almost scripture haha) instead of the Bible. I knew tons of quotes, but few scriptures. I found myself saying things like this, “John Maxwell said, Keith Moore said, so and so said.” Instead of saying “God’s word says”.
Then I heard Keith Moore say, “Don’t take my word or anyone else’s opinion for it, get in the Word and find out what the Word says.” He went on to say that the greatest thing that Kenneth Hagin taught people was to love the Word of God. It was after hearing that, that I’ve made it a priority in my life to fall in love with the Word of God!
Some thoughts for you:
- Is the Word of God THEE authority and standard in your life? If not, why?
- If someone asked you to back up your beliefs, what you’re believing God for, what scriptures you’re standing on would you be able to bring them to the Word and show them scriptually?
- Do you take everything you hear from Pastors/Leaders as truth? Or do you get in the Word and see it and find out for yourself?
- How much time are you spending in the Word each day?
The body of Christ, including myself, have to fall in love with the Word of God and make it the standard and the foundation to how we live life. As my friend David Faulk says, “If you’re not in the Word, I’m worried about you.” and “You’ll never know what you’re capable of until you get in the Book.” GET IN THE BOOK TODAY and LOVE IT!
Read Psalm 119 a few times – it will pump you up about the Word of God